Over the next decade, more than 800,000 jobs will need workers with post-secondary education. In addition to this, people will need skills to adapt to new technology and economic shifts. The Province’s StrongerBC: Future Ready Action Plan takes on the challenges of today to build a better future and economy that works for everyone. Discover more at: strongerbc.gov.bc.ca.
A key part of the action plan is the StrongerBC future skills grant, which will support short-term skills training to further people’s careers and upgrade their skills.
The StrongerBC future skills grant is open to British Columbians aged 19 years or older – regardless of financial need – and covers up to $3,500 in eligible short-term skills training at public post-secondary institutions. See full release.
For example, a project manager may be interested in leading digital transformation projects could take the UBC Micro-certificate in Cybersecurity Strategy and Risk Management through Extended Learning, or a marketing manager interested in writing for web could take the UBC Micro-certificate in Writing for Digital Content.
Learners can choose from over 50 eligible programs across a variety of UBC faculties and units and can start learning in September 2023.
- Agile Leadership
- Agile Leadership Bootcamp
- Business Analysis
- Change Management
- Change Management Bootcamp
- Data and Marketing Analytics
- Leading Professional Teams
- Product Management Bootcamp
- Project Management
- Critical Skills for Communication in the Technical Sector
- Writing Skills and Communication Skills for the Workplace
- Writing Skills for Digital Content
- Performance Based Design and Lifecycle Cost Analysis of Bridges
- Skills in Industrial Automation: Programmable Logic Controllers
Equity, Diversity and Inclusion
- Anti-Racism, UBC Award of Achievement
- Diversity and Inclusion, UBC Award of Achievement
- Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion, UBC Certificate Program
- Intercultural Studies, UBC Certificate Program
- Circular Bioeconomy Development
- Climate Action and Community Engagement
- Climate Vulnerability and Adaptation
- Co-Management of Natural Resources
- Communication Strategies for Resource Practitioners
- Environmental Footprints of Organizations: Quantification and Reporting
- Fire Safety for Timber Buildings
- Forest Carbon Management
- Forest Health
- Strategic Management for Sustainability
- Tall Wood Structures
- Wildland Fire Ecology and Management
Health and Medicine
Land and Food Systems
- Artificial Intelligence Cloud Solutions Strategy
- Artificial Intelligence in Digital Media
- Blockchain Innovation and Implementation
- Cloud and Technology Transformation
- Cloud Transformation and Technology Infrastructure Strategy
- Cybersecurity and Ethical Hacking
- Cybersecurity Strategy and Risk Management
- Analytics for Leaders in Ocean Management
- Key Capabilities in Data Science
UBC Extended Learning offers relevant, ever-evolving courses and programs designed to give you the knowledge to realize your potential. Developed in collaboration with academic, community and industry experts, our engaging, learner-centered educational experiences support your personal and professional growth.