Take a deep dive into the world of Artificial Intelligence (AI) in cloud services and learn how it can give your organization a competitive edge by using automation, not only to manage data but, to improve workflows, customer service, cost-savings and systems management.
The UBC Micro-certificate in Artificial Intelligence Cloud Solutions Strategy is a part-time business-oriented technical program that offers leaders and professionals a road map to plan and implement AI within a cloud environment responsibly and effectively.
Developed by industry experts with input from UBC faculty and UBC IT leadership, this 55-hour interactive online micro-credential helps you gain the insight to evaluate a vast landscape of AI technologies and choose the appropriate solutions to create your unique playbook for cloud success.
Come away with a practical understanding of the technical, business, societal and ethical implications of AI solutions for cloud services and the ability to make informed decisions to upgrade your organization’s technology infrastructure.
If you’re interested designing a business strategy playbook to develop and implement a secure cloud infrastructure, you might consider Cloud Transformation and Technology Infrastructure Strategy. Use this table to compare these programs to find the one that best suits your professional and career growth.
- Format: 100% online instructor-supported with weekly live classes
- Duration: Two courses of four weeks each
- Cost: $750 per course
Open all | Close all
The UBC Micro-certificate in Artificial Intelligence Cloud Solutions Strategy provides you with the knowledge and hands-on experience to feel confident planning and implementing AI cloud solutions for your organization’s technology infrastructure.
By the end of this program, you’ll be able to:
- Understand the fundamentals of AI and cloud computing and their impact on businesses
- Evaluate commercially available solutions and use ready-made, purpose-built AI cloud services or your own models with Machine Learning (ML) cloud services and understand the AI and ML market and its key players
- Design and develop a framework for implementing AI strategies within cloud services to improve operational efficiency, customer experiences and business outcomes
- Identify the four basic categories of AI services: prediction, structured data, unstructured data and neural networks
- Understand the cost-benefit analysis of AI cloud solutions and how to make the best use of your investment
- Assess and choose the right infrastructure for high-performance and low-cost instances optimized for ML
Who is This Program For?
This program is designed for:
- Leaders and professionals, from business and operational managers, owners and CEOs, and digital transformation leads to business intelligence and financial teams, who are currently using or considering a cloud service and planning to integrate AI
- Tech consultants, UI/UX designers and a variety of architect roles can also benefit from the knowledge and skills offered in this program
- Experienced and established professionals looking to keep pace with ever-evolving technology, enhance their practical skills and accelerate career growth
- Technical and coding skills are not required to take this course. It is designed to accommodate professionals in non-technical or tech-adjacent roles
This 100% online program is instructor-supported with real-time classes and combines self-paced independent study and weekly 1.5-hour live online sessions. These live, virtual classes are also recorded.
Outside of class time, you can access online materials at your own pace. Each week, you’ll have an opportunity to review readings and videos, apply your knowledge in exercises and case studies, contribute to a discussion board and connect with other students.
Expect to spend approximately 5–7 hours a week completing all learning activities, including attending the live online sessions.
To take this course, you’ll need access to:
- an email account
- a computer, laptop or tablet, using Windows or macOS
- the latest version of a web browser (or previous major version release)
- a reliable internet connection
- a video camera and microphone
The program consists of two online courses of four weeks each. Combined, the courses take approximately 55 hours to complete.
Fundamentals of Artificial Intelligence Cloud Strategy:
This course begins with the fundamentals of AI in cloud computing and explores the risks and benefits of their use. Gain the insight to evaluate AI cloud services, design and develop your own framework for implementing AI strategies to improve business processes and performance, and consider the cost-savings, security concerns, and ethical implications of your decisions.
Artificial Intelligence Cloud Technology Implementation:
Come away with a deeper understanding of the range of AI and ML services commercially available in today’s market and learn to classify each within four basic categories. With the knowledge to identify relevant technology, theory and data underlying contemporary data services, you can make more informed choices as you design your own AI solutions within a cloud computing environment.
You can take the courses on their own, in any order. However, to earn your micro-certificate and gain the most value from the program, we recommend taking both courses in succession as they complement one another. Once completed, the UBC Micro-certificate in Artificial Intelligence Cloud Solutions Strategy can be applied towards a 190-hour Senate-approved vendor-agnostic UBC Cloud and Technology Transformation Certificate program beginning fall 2023.
How am I Assessed?
You’re assessed on successfully completing weekly activities, including your contributions to discussion posts and applied case study projects (based on real-life scenarios). These activities are marked using a proficiency scale, and your instructor provides you informal feedback in the live sessions.
While you’re not assessed on your attendance of the live sessions, we encourage you to attend these classes, so you don’t miss the opportunity to learn and interact with your instructor and other participants. All sessions are recorded in case you miss one.
|Fundamentals of Artificial Intelligence Cloud Strategy||$750|
|Artificial Intelligence Cloud Technology Implementation||$750|
Course fees are in Canadian dollars and subject to change. Fees may be paid by Visa®, Mastercard®, cash, money order or certified cheque.
Please see Refunds, Cancellations and Transfers for details on our policies.