The UBC Extended Learning Centre for Equitable Systems Design (CESD) (formerly the Centre for Intercultural Communication) can help individuals and organizations transform their equity, diversity and inclusion (EDI) goals into action. We offer unique, robust, laddered educational packages for individuals and organizations who are committed to anti-racism and EDI.
- online courses and certificate programs in equity, diversity and inclusion and intercultural studies
- online micro-certificates in anti-racism and diversity and inclusion
- an associateship in EDI which is an experiential learning leadership program for graduates of the above online programs
- The Equitable Systems Design for Organizations program is an applied and participatory program to implement EDI strategies within workplaces.
Here, changemakers expand their knowledge base by combining existing skills and expertise with EDI-centered innovation. Learn to embrace the power of vulnerability, humility and empathy to build trust and drive lasting organizational culture change.
There are no shortcuts to sustainable, decolonial, anti-racist change. While most workplaces have a language and process in place to embrace diversity and inclusion, without an ongoing commitment at the individual and organizational levels to address the inequities in our systems–such as the inequitable distribution of power and resources – we will always stop short of our full potential.
Equitable Systems Design for Organizations
Are you wanting to build capacity around anti-racism, equity, diversity and inclusion in the workplace?
Our educational packages empower organizations by helping to build capacity in a range of areas, including diverse customer and employee engagement, accessibility, building relevant and meaningful training opportunities, conflict transformation, navigating human rights issues and implementing equitable hiring and retention practices.
Equitable Systems Design for Individual Learners
Whether you are in the early stages of your EDI journey, continuing to deepen your commitment to anti-racism, justice, equity, diversity and inclusion or are a seasoned professional with practical EDI experience looking to address systems change within organizations, the CESD offers an array of facilitator supported online courses and programs.
- Certificate programs in equity, diversity and inclusion and intercultural studies
- Online micro-certificate programs in anti-racism, diversity and inclusion
- Equitable Systems Design Associates Program for graduates and alumni of the above certificate and micro-certificate programs