The UBC President Bursary program was set up to support grade 11 high school students in British Columbia to attend UBC Future Global Leaders.
The program will award approximately 20 bursaries in 2020. Each bursary covers the following:
- Full tuition for one (1) two-week UBC Future Global Leaders course of your choice
- The fees to stay in a student residence at UBC Vancouver or UBC Okanagan (Residence option)
- Three meals daily (Residence option) / Lunch daily, welcome dinner and Friday dinners (Commuter option)
The total value of each bursary is $1,660–$3,160. Please note that bursaries don’t cover travel to and from campus. For students who choose to commute to campus daily, bursaries don’t cover transportation (bus, gas, parking, etc.).
To be considered for a UBC Future Global Leaders bursary, you must meet the following eligibility criteria:
- You must be a grade 11 student in a high school in British Columbia
- Have an overall average of 80% or higher, and 80% or higher in grade 11 English (or equivalent)
- Be a Canadian citizen or permanent resident
- Live in a lower income household (as determined by your family’s gross income and number of people living in your household)
- Your parent(s) or caregiver(s) did not attend a university or university-college, or did not graduate from a university or university-college
- Indigenous students are especially encouraged to apply
Before you apply, please have ready:
- Your most recent transcript (available from your school or MyEducationBC).
- Your course, session and campus choice.
- The name of a teacher or counsellor from your school who is supporting your application.
- Your family’s approximate gross annual income.
- A short summary of why you want to attend UBC Future Global Leaders (max. 250 words).
Bursary applications for the UBC Future Global Leaders 2020 summer program are due by February 29, 2020, 11:59pm Pacific Time.
If you’re not sure you meet the criteria, or have questions about the application, please contact us.