Applications for the UBC President Bursary program are currently closed. Please subscribe to UBC Future Global Leaders emails to stay up-to-date and hear about future bursary opportunities.
The UBC President Bursary program was set up to support grade 11 high school students in British Columbia to attend UBC Future Global Leaders. Each bursary is valued at $500 to $3,160.
You can apply for one bursary for the Future Global Leaders course or program of your choice. When you apply, choose from one of the following:
|Course or Program||What the Bursary Covers||Value|
|Fall and Winter Online Courses||Full tuition for one 10-week online academic course of your choice or Your Guide to Getting into a Canadian University||$500−$850|
|Summer Online Courses||Full tuition for one 3-week online academic course of your choice or Your Guide to Getting into a Canadian University||$500−$850|
|Summer On-Campus Program – Commuter Option||Full tuition for one 2-week on-campus academic course of your choice||$1,660|
|Summer On-Campus Program – Residence Option||Full tuition for one 2-week on-campus academic course of your choice plus accommodation for two weeks||$3,160|
To be considered for a UBC Future Global Leaders bursary, you must meet the following eligibility criteria:
- Currently in grade 11, or have just finished grade 10, in a high school in British Columbia
- Have an overall average of 80% or higher, and 80% or higher in grade 11 English (or equivalent). If you are entering grade 11, you must have an overall average of 80% or higher, and 80% or higher in grade 10 English (or equivalent)
- Be a Canadian citizen or permanent resident
- Live in a lower income household (as determined by your family’s gross income and number of people living in your household)
- Your parent(s) or caregiver(s) did not graduate from a university or university-college
We accept bursary applications year-round, and evaluate applications as we receive them. We award bursaries to eligible students until funds run out for the bursary period. If you meet the eligibility requirements, we encourage you to apply as soon as possible for a bursary for the course or program of your choice.
Please note we can’t guarantee availability of courses since they fill up as students register. If you’re eligible for a bursary, we will do our best to accommodate your first or second choice.
To start your bursary application, please create a UBC Extended Learning account in your name, or log in. After you log in, please have ready:
- Your most recent transcript (available from your school or MyEducationBC.gov.bc.ca)
- The name of a teacher or counsellor from your school who can provide a reference, if requested
- Your family’s approximate gross annual income
- A short summary of why you want to attend UBC Future Global Leaders (max. 250 words)
- Your first and second choice UBC Future Global Leaders course and the dates of the courses
If you’re not sure you meet the criteria, or have questions about the application, please contact us.
Please subscribe to UBC Future Global Leaders emails to stay up-to-date and hear about future bursary opportunities.