The UBC President Bursary program was set up to support grade 11 high school students in British Columbia to attend UBC Future Global Leaders. Each bursary is valued at $875 to $3,820.
You can apply for one bursary for the Future Global Leaders course or program of your choice. When you apply, choose from one of the following:
|Session||What the Bursary Covers||Value|
|Fall and Winter Online||Full tuition for one 10-week online course||$875|
|Summer Online||Full tuition for one 3-week online course||$875|
|Summer On-Campus – Commuter Option||Full tuition for one 2-week on-campus program, plus lunch Monday through Friday||$1,795|
|Summer On-Campus – Residence Option
(Please note there are a very limited number of bursaries for this option, with priority given to BC students living outside of Greater Vancouver.)
|Full tuition for one 2-week on-campus program, plus meals and accommodation for two weeks||$3,820|
To be considered for a UBC Future Global Leaders bursary, you must meet the following eligibility criteria:
- Currently in grade 11, or have just finished grade 10, in a high school in British Columbia
- Have an overall average of 80% or higher, and 80% or higher in grade 11 English (or equivalent). If you are entering grade 11, you must have an overall average of 80% or higher, and 80% or higher in grade 10 English (or equivalent)
- Be a Canadian citizen or permanent resident
- Live in a lower income household (as determined by your family’s gross income and number of people living in your household)
- Your parent(s), guardian(s) or caregiver(s) did not graduate from a university or university-college
We accept bursary applications year-round, and evaluate applications as we receive them. We award bursaries to eligible students until funds run out for the bursary period. If you meet the eligibility requirements, we encourage you to apply as soon as possible for a bursary for the course or program of your choice.
Please note we can’t guarantee availability of courses since they fill up as students register. If you’re eligible for a bursary, we will do our best to accommodate your first or second choice.
To start your bursary application, please create a UBC Extended Learning account in your name, or log in. After you log in, please have ready:
- Your most recent transcript (available from your school or MyEducationBC.gov.bc.ca)
- The name of a teacher or counsellor from your school who can provide a reference, if we request one
- Your family’s approximate gross annual income and the number of people living in your household
- A short summary of why you want to attend UBC Future Global Leaders (max. 250 words)
- Your first and second choice UBC Future Global Leaders course and the dates of each course
If you’re not sure you meet the criteria, or have questions about the application, please contact us.
Please subscribe to UBC Future Global Leaders emails to stay up-to-date and hear about future bursary opportunities.