The UBC President Bursary program was set up to support grade 11 high school students in British Columbia to attend UBC Future Global Leaders. Each bursary is valued at $500 to $3,160.
Each bursary covers full tuition for:
- One three-week OR one 10-week online course of your choice, OR
- one two-week summer on-campus course of your choice. We hope to return to on-campus activities summer 2022.
To be considered for a UBC Future Global Leaders bursary, you must meet the following eligibility criteria:
- Currently in grade 11, or have just finished grade 10, in a high school in British Columbia
- Have an overall average of 80% or higher, and 80% or higher in grade 11 English (or equivalent). If you are entering grade 11, you must have an overall average of 80% or higher, and 80% or higher in grade 10 English (or equivalent)
- Be a Canadian citizen or permanent resident
- Live in a lower income household (as determined by your family’s gross income and number of people living in your household)
- Your parent(s) or caregiver(s) did not graduate from a university or university-college
To start your bursary application, please create an Extended Learning account in your name, or log in. After you log in, please have ready:
- Your most recent transcript (available from your school or MyEducationBC.gov.bc.ca
- The name of a teacher or counsellor from your school who can provide a reference, if requested
- Your family’s approximate gross annual income
- A short summary of why you want to attend UBC Future Global Leaders (max. 250 words)
Our winter bursary program is open from September 30, 2021 and applications will be accepted until January 21, 2022. Please subscribe to UBC Future Global Leaders emails to stay up-to-date and hear about future bursary opportunities.
We evaluate applications as we receive them, and award bursaries to eligible students until funds run out for the year. If you meet the eligibility requirements, we encourage you to apply as soon as possible for a bursary for the course or program of your choice.
If you’re not sure you meet the criteria, or have questions about the application, please contact us.