Fee Payments and Taxes
Fees are the same for most programs and courses regardless of your country of residence, however, some exceptions apply. Please review the program you are interested in for specific details.
Some courses and programs offer discounted earlybird rates if you register by the specified date.
We accept the following forms of payment:
- Online – Visa® and Mastercard®
- By mail – Personal* and company cheques, bank drafts and money orders
- At our offices – Cash (exact amount only), personal or company cheque, bank draft, Visa, Mastercard or debit card
- Wire transfers – Contact us for remittance instructions
Fees made payable to UBC Extended Learning are subject to GST with the following exceptions:
- Language programs in Canada's two official languages (English and French)
- Courses that are part of a program
- Accredited professional development courses or programs
Your registration is complete when we receive your full fee payment. We do not accept post-dated cheques. If your payment is returned (e.g., an NSF cheque), it must be replaced with a certified cheque or cash and a service charge may be levied.
Special offers and discounts cannot be retroactively applied to completed transactions.
* Some exceptions apply. Please contact the program responsible for your course or program.
Secure Credit Card Payment
We protect the security of your personal information during payment by using encryption protocols and software.
We follow the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard when handling credit card data.
We do not store your credit card information so you will have to enter it again if you want to purchase another course, with exception of scheduled instalment payments.
UBC Employee Tuition Waivers
Most UBC employee groups are eligible for tuition fee waivers that reimburse or offset the cost of most UBC Extended Learning courses. Find out more about tuition waivers including information on eligibility and instructions on how to use your tuition fee benefit toward UBC Extended Learning courses.
Please submit your tuition waiver request at least one business day before the course start date and before registering for a UBC Extended Learning course. If your unit, department or faculty is funding the course, payment can be made via an Internal Service Delivery (ISD) in Workday. Please contact us to arrange the transfer.