Registration and Fees
UBC Future Global Leaders is open to high school students ages 15–18 who have finished grade 10 or equivalent. Online registration takes a few minutes to complete.
How to Register
Make sure you meet the eligibility requirements.
Decide if you want to stay on campus or commute to UBC.
Choose and register or apply for a course and pay the CAD$500 deposit.
Check your email for important details on confirming your registration and payments.
- You must have completed grade 10 or equivalent.
- If you are turning 15 or 19 during the program, please contact us to discuss your options.
Your grades should be equal or higher than:
- 78% average or 3.5 GPA or B average
- 5 if you’re an International Baccalaureate student
English Language Proficiency
If English is not your first language, be sure you have scored (or know you can score):
- IELTS: 6.0 or higher
- TOEFL internet-based score: 80 or higher
You do NOT have to provide proof of these scores. They are simply to ensure you can participate fully and comfortably in the program.
Residence Option Deadlines
To Be Announced
Commuter Option Deadlines
To Be Announced
2022 Program Fees *
Choose the Residence or Commuter Option
|Fees Per Two-Week Course||Residence Option *||Commuter Option *|
|Canadian Students (Including Landed Immigrants)||CAD$3,160||CAD$1,660|
|What's Included||Residence Option||Commuter Option|
|Accommodation in a UBC campus residence (single occupancy)|||
|Airport pick-up and drop-off services|||
|Breakfast Monday to Friday|||
|Lunch Monday to Friday|||||
|Dinner Monday to Friday|||
|Weekday workshops and activities|||||
|Weeknight and weekend activities|||
Commuter Option means you have or will provide your own accommodation, and commute to campus.
Residence Option means you need or want to live on the UBC Vancouver campus.
Local medical insurance is provided for all international students and for Canadian students travelling from overseas.
* All fees are subject to change.
After You Register
After you register, you will receive a confirmation email with a link to an information package. To complete the package and finalize your registration, you’ll need:
- An electronic version of your most recent official or unofficial school report card or transcript
- A recent digital or digitized photo of you, from the shoulders up
- Consent forms signed by your parent or guardian
- A liability waiver signed by your parent or guardian
After you submit your information package
Once you complete and submit the information package, we will send you a confirmation email within two business days. In this email, you’ll find:
- Your course selection
- Accommodation details (if you choose the residence option)
- Information you need to book travel and plan your summer
Bursaries for British Columbia Grade 11 Students
The UBC President Bursary program was set up to support grade 11 British Columbia high school students who can demonstrate financial need and who meet UBC Future Global Leaders eligibility requirements.