The Explore English program is a full-time integrated skills program offered to Canadian students. Morning classes are dedicated to all four language skills (reading, writing, speaking, and listening) and afternoon project based workshops provide additional practice in speaking fluency and language production. Students develop their language skills in theme-based classes that focus on current topics such as global citizenship, civil society and sustainability.
Explore English at a glance:
- Offered from mid-May to mid-June
- 5-week program with approximately 25 hours of instruction per week
- Improve speaking and listening skills
- Enhance fluency, accuracy and pronunciation
- Increase vocabulary
- Develop academic writing skills and grammar
- Build critical reading skills
- Gain confidence in communicating in English.
You must be a full time student for at least one semester in the academic year prior to the start of the program and at least 19 years old.
Students must apply to the CMEC bursary program in order to register as a bursary student. For students who want to join this program without the bursary, please read the information on how to enroll as a non-bursary student.