Strengthen your training and facilitation skills to design and deliver diversity, inclusion and intercultural workshops. Learn techniques for creating equity focused, participant-centered sessions that engage and inspire learning. Gain hands-on practice assessing needs for your group, and develop appropriate learning objectives and evaluation tools. Acquire strategies and approaches for creating safety and curiosity around challenging issues.
This course is designed especially for UBC Certificate in Intercultural Studies, Diversity and Inclusion participants and graduates who want to enhance their own intercultural workshops and sessions.
In this training session:
- explore the importance of understanding trainer identity in relation to the group
- learn how to assess the variety of needs in your group so that you can “meet them where they’re at”
- design learning objectives that are realistic in relation to the training time available
- collect strategies for creating inclusion, safety and curiosity around challenging issues
- share experiential learning activities that engage and inspire
- practise designing and delivering dynamic programs
- devise a strategy for evaluating the learning.
By the end of this session, you’ll have gained the knowledge and skills to:
- lead diversity training in your workplace
- help organizations adopt equitable and inclusive workplace practices
- support the transition of immigrants
- facilitate multinational teams for global business
- prepare people for an overseas assignment
- support the move towards a just and more equitable society.
Note: To enrol, you must have prior experience in facilitation or conducting workshops or training sessions for groups.
Prerequisite course, Strategies for Effective Intercultural Communication is required. Other credentials may be considered as equivalent to prerequisite; please contact us for details.
This course can be applied to the UBC Certificate in Intercultural Studies, UBC Award of Achievement in Intercultural Communication, and UBC Award of Achievement in Diversity and Inclusion.
This course is offered in a blended format: in-class/online.