Strengthen your training and facilitation skills to design and deliver diversity, inclusion and intercultural workshops. Create equity focused, participant-centered sessions that engage and inspire learning. Practice how to assess needs for your group, and develop appropriate learning objectives and evaluation tools. Collect strategies for creating safety and curiosity around challenging issues.
This course has been designed especially for UBC Certificate in Intercultural Studies, Diversity and Inclusion participants and graduates who have prior training or facilitating experience and want to enhance their own diversity, inclusion and intercultural sessions.
You may want to:
- lead diversity training in your workplace
- help organizations adopt equitable and inclusive workplace practices
- support the transition of immigrants
- facilitate multinational teams for global business
- prepare people for an overseas assignment
- support the move towards a just and more equitable society
Join us and:
- explore the importance of understanding trainer identity in relation to the group
- learn how to assess the variety of needs in your group so that you can ‘meet them where they’re at’
- design learning objectives that are realistic in relation to the training time available
- collect strategies for creating inclusion, safety and curiosity around challenging issues
- share experiential learning activities that engage and inspire
- practice designing and delivering dynamic programs
- devise a strategy for evaluating the learning.
Note: Participants must have prior experience in conducting workshops or training sessions for groups.
Prerequisite course is required. Other credentials may be considered as equivalent to prerequisite; please contact us for details.
This course can be applied to the UBC Certificate in Intercultural Studies, UBC Award of Achievement in Intercultural Communication, and UBC Award of Achievement in Diversity and Inclusion.
This course is offered in a blended format: in-class/online.