The SITI program prepares you to pursue a career as a professional translator and interpreter. For those doing business globally, SITI offers practical cross-cultural communication skills and specialized vocabulary that benefit all types of international careers.
- Gain foundational interpretation skills and insights to be an effective interpreter through in-class, online and on-site practice.
- Build your vocabulary and increase your English and Chinese fluency with your peers in real-life scenarios.
- Deepen your understanding of one of two modern fields that benefits almost any role.
- Enjoy valuable first-hand cultural experiences during visits to attractions and local organizations.
- Learn to work with a diverse group of likeminded learners.
2019 SITI Emerging Technology Stream
Learn about exciting developments in virtual reality (VR), try out a cutting-edge VR experience, and explore the implementation of new media technologies as you practise your interpreting skills. Register in this stream if you are interested in technology, digital media and the ever-expanding scope of digital and multimedia tools.
Week 1: Translation and Interpretation – Introduction (Technology Focus)
Week 2: Communication Skills for Interpreters
· Intercultural Communication
· Public Speaking and Presentation Skills
· Interpreters in action: Code of Ethics
Week 3: Translation and Interpretation – Advanced (Technology Focus)
Week 4: Field Studies and Interpretation Practices (Technology Focus)
View a SITI Emerging Technology Stream sample program schedule.
The format of this course is in-class summer institute.