The SITI program prepares you to pursue a career as a professional translator and interpreter. For those doing business globally, SITI offers practical cross-cultural communication skills and specialized vocabulary that benefit all types of international careers.
- Gain foundational interpretation skills and insights to be an effective interpreter through in-class, online and on-site practice.
- Build your vocabulary and increase your English and Chinese fluency with your peers in real-life scenarios.
- Deepen your understanding of one of two modern fields that benefits almost any role.
- Enjoy valuable first-hand cultural experiences during visits to attractions and local organizations.
- Learn to work with a diverse group of likeminded learners.
2019 SITI Business Stream
Understand key concepts and core areas of modern business management while you explore topics like economics, trade finance and marketing through interpretation activities and practice. Consider this stream if you are interested in exploring the broader business sector.
The program is divided into four weeks:
Week 1: Translation and Interpretation – Introduction (Business Focus)
Week 2: Communication Skills for Interpreters
- Intercultural Communication
- Public Speaking and Presentation Skills
- Interpreters in action: Code of Ethics
Week 3: Translation and Interpretation – Advanced (Business Focus)
Week 4: Field Studies and Interpretation Practices (Business Focus)
View a SITI Business Stream sample program schedule.
The format of this course is in-class summer institute.