Develop three core competencies of business writing: strategy, mechanics, and professional image. With such competencies anchoring the course material, you are immersed in the process of planning, writing, and revising business documents. By the end of the course:
- Analyze writing contexts, target specific audiences, and use reliable strategies to produce clear, purposeful business writing.
- Follow a structured approach to planning, drafting, and revising your business documents.
- Project a strong professional image for yourself (and your organization) through business writing.
- Read to analyze, synthesize, and apply information.
- Manage business writing strategy, mechanics, and professional image to produce writing that demonstrates critical thinking.
- Engage productively in discussions and give peer feedback that is positive and constructive.
- Meyer, Carolyn. Communicating for Results: A Canadian Student’s Guide, 4th Edition
This course is offered 100% online.