Review the fundamental concepts of biology, biochemistry, general chemistry, organic chemistry, and physics taught in first year university and college programs.
Using a learn and confirm approach, flashcards, and practice on real MCAT questions, our experienced instructors ensure you understand all foundational aspects of this section of the MCAT exam. Practise on real MCAT exam questions.
Course fee includes a custom-designed workbook, online resources and practice tests.
Each 3-hour class includes detailed instruction, discussion and practice. Bring your questions and benefit from class discussion with your peers and the UBC instructor.
- 4A - Translational Motion, Forces, Work, Energy and Equilibria
- 4B - Fluids (Buoyancy, Viscosity etc.) & Circulatory System, Gas Phase: Laws, Kinetic Molecular Theory, Partial Pressure)
- 4C - Electrostatics (Coulombs Law etc.) & Circuit Elements (Resistance etc.), Magnetism, Electrochemistry (Cells, Batteries)
- 4D - Properties of Sound, Light & Electromagnetic Radiation -> NMR analysis, Molecular Structure & Absorption Spectra, Geometric Optics
- 4E - Atomic Nucleus, Electronic Structure, The Periodic Table, The Periodic Table and associated trends, The Mole, Stoichiometry with Yield Calculations, Oxidation Numbers
- 5A - Acid/Base Equilibria, Constants, Buffer Solutions, Ions in Solutions, Solubility, Molarity, Titrations (Indicators, pH etc.)
- 5B & 5C - Covalent Bonds (Molecular polarity, hybrid orbitals, VSEPR Theory, Multiple bond properties, Stereochemistry), Liquid Phase, Intermolecular Forces, Physical Properties, Purifications
- 5D - Nucleotides, Nucleic Acid and Amino Acids, Peptides & Proteins, Protein Structure & Function, Lipids, Aldehydes, Ketones & Carbohydrates, Alcohols, Carboxylic Acids and Derivatives, Phenols and Aromaticity (Heterocycles & Polycycles)
- 5E - Enzymes (Mechanism, Kinetics etc.), Principles of Bioenergetics, Energy Changes in Chemical Reactions, Thermodynamics, Rate Processes in Chemical Reactions, Kinetics & Equilibrium
Recommended: Purchase The Official Guide to the MCAT Exam (4th Edition), Official MCAT® Flashcards, and Official MCAT Sample Test for $80 +tax. - SOLD OUT
UBC students and alumni receive a $50 discount on course fees (please note this discount cannot be combined with any other offer). Please call 604.822.1444 for more information.
The format of this course is in-class.