This workshop in medical interpreting is offered in English for students of all language combinations and covers medical terminology, human anatomy and physiology.
It is a must for those who plan to get into medical interpreting and a refresher for exam takers who have already received training in medical interpreting.
The workshop has four sessions that are designed to be taken in sequence. However, students have the option to register for sessions individually. Students who have successfully completed all four sessions will receive a Introduction to Medical Interpreting letter of completion.
Instructor: Young Joe
Room: UBC Robson Square (1.150 Gallery)
Saturday, Feb 23, 1:30-4:00pm
Introduction to Medical Interpreting Session 1:
- Introduction to Canadian Health Care System
- Medical Interpreters' Code of Ethics
Saturday, March 2, 1:30-4:00pm
Introduction to Medical Interpreting Session 2:
- How to Study Human Anatomy and Physiology for Medical Interpreters 1
- How to Study Common Diseases and Treatments for Medical Interpreters 1
- Medical Terminology 1
Saturday, March 9, 1:30-4:00pm
- Introduction to Medical Interpreting Session 3:
- How to Study Human Anatomy and Physiology for Medical Interpreters 2
- How to Study Common Diseases and Treatments for Medical Interpreters 2
- Medical Terminology 2
Saturday, March 16, 1:30-4:00pm
- Medical Interpreting Practice