This course is part of the UBC Key Capabilities in Data Science Certificate Program.
Understand effective data visualizations and perform exploratory data analysis using Altair in Python.
By the end of the course, students will learn how to:
- Use the Altair grammar of graphics to create data visualizations.
- Select an appropriate visualization for the data.
- Perform exploratory data analysis on a dataset.
- Effectively communicate findings with figures.
- Interpret data visualizations to answer questions and formulate follow-up questions.
The format of this course is 100% online.
Course Virtual Office Hours (subject to change)
Thursdays, 6:30-7:30pm Pacific Time
Saturdays, 10-11am Pacific Time
If you are not in the Pacific Time zone (Vancouver, BC), you may use this time zone converter to check the time difference.