- in a business, marketing or sales role
- an IT business decision maker
- a manager familiar with digital and information technology
- a recent graduate from an institute, college or university program and want to add cloud computing to your skillset
Save on the certification exam
The course offers the skills and knowledge you need to pursue AWS Certified Cloud Practitioner certification. Upon completing this course, receive a 50% discount voucher good toward the exam fee (a value of approximately CAD$65).
In this course, learn how to:
- Explain how AWS pricing works and how AWS compares to traditional providers
- Identify the global infrastructure components of AWS
- Describe the security and compliance measures of the AWS Cloud
- Create a virtual private cloud network for usage with compute services
- Demonstrate when to use the various types of compute services
- Differentiate between AWS storage services and the different levels of latency
- Demonstrate when to use AWS database services and the difference between SQL and NoSQL
- Explain the architectural principles of building solutions on the AWS Cloud
- Explore key concepts related to distributed computing, monitoring, and reliability
Get the most up-to-date cloud computing training
AWS experts develop and maintain course content for the AWS Academy. Regular course updates reflect the pace of innovation, new releases, best practices and the latest cloud computing technology. AWS content in this course includes 10 learning modules, six labs, a case study and one free practice exam.
Enhanced Content to Help You Succeed
In addition to AWS-authored content, our course offers content you won’t find anywhere else, including Canadian case studies and video lessons, screencasts of labs and a marked quiz. Connect with your peers using the online discussion forum.
Switch to AWS Academy Cloud Foundations - Instructor Supported
If you enrol in this course and decide you need a more supported learning experience, you can upgrade to AWS Academy Cloud Foundations - Instructor Supported by simply paying the difference in course fees.
Each AWS Academy Cloud Foundations Self-Paced session has a registration start and end date. Because courses are 100% online and self-paced, you can register and begin the course at any time within the date range.
You progress through the course on your time and at your own pace, and can access course materials anytime for up to 12 months. Expect to spend a total of 20–22 hours to complete AWS Academy Cloud Foundations Self-Paced.