- in a business, marketing or sales role
- an IT business decision maker
- a manager familiar with digital and information technology
- a recent graduate from an institute, college or university program and want to add cloud computing to your skillset
Save on the certification exam
The course offers the skills and knowledge you need to pursue AWS Certified Cloud Practitioner certification. Upon completing this course, receive a 50% discount voucher good toward the exam fee (a value of approximately CAD$65).
In this course, learn how to:
- Explain the AWS pricing philosophy and how AWS compares to traditional providers
- Identify the global infrastructure components of AWS
- Describe the security and compliance measures of the AWS Cloud
- Create a private cloud network for usage with compute services
- Demonstrate when to use the various types of compute services
- Differentiate between AWS storage services and the different levels of latency
- Demonstrate when to use AWS database services and the difference between SQL and NoSQL
- Explain the architectural principles of building solutions on the AWS Cloud
- Explore key concepts related to distributed computing, monitoring and reliability
Get the most up-to-date cloud computing training
AWS experts develop and maintain course content for the AWS Academy. Regular course updates reflect the pace of innovation, new releases, best practices and the latest cloud computing technology. AWS content in this course includes 10 learning modules, six labs, a case study and one free practice exam.
Enhanced Content to Help You Succeed
In addition to AWS-authored content, our course offers real-time instruction with an AWS Academy Accredited Instructor. Join two live instructor-facilitated webinars, complete extra exercises, and watch Canadian case studies and video lessons you won’t get anywhere else. Ask your instructor questions in real time or in a moderated discussion forum, connect with other learners and get feedback on your assignments.
100% online with two interactive webinars Tuesdays, 6–8pm Pacific Time for the duration of the course. Expect to spend approximately 10 hours per week on coursework, including the webinar.
If you’re looking for a learning option to do at your own pace without instructor support, consider AWS Academy Cloud Foundations - Self-Paced. If you want an intermediate-level cloud computing course, we offer AWS Academy Cloud Architecting.