AWS Academy Cloud Architecting – Self-Paced covers the fundamentals of building IT infrastructure on the Amazon Web Services platform. Explore storage, compute, database, networking, caching and security services. Diagram decoupled architectures, design microservices and plan for disasters. Work through scenarios to resolve various business needs, and discuss cloud computing job roles.
AWS Academy Cloud Architecting is an intermediate-level course and is designed for those in technical roles such as software development, systems development and network administration, IT decision makers, managers and leaders with strong technical skills can also benefit.
AWS Academy recommends taking an introductory course like AWS Cloud Foundations or have equivalent knowledge and experience prior to taking this course.
Save on the certification exam
The course offers the skills and knowledge you need to pursue AWS Certified Solutions Architect - Associate certification. Upon completing this course, receive a 50% discount voucher good toward the exam fee (a value of approximately CAD$95).
In this course, learn how to:
- Create migration plans from on premises to the AWS Cloud
- Describe how to design systems that are secure, reliable, high-performing and cost efficient
- Explain the common design patterns and architectural options applied in a variety of use cases
- Understand how to leverage foundational and critical AWS Cloud services
- Describe key architectural components for AWS-powered applications
- Create, manage, provision and update related resources using AWS CloudFormation
- Describe system coupling to support the distributed nature of applications built for the cloud
- Describe database services for storing and deploying web-accessible applications
- Describe how to secure data at every layer in the application
Get the most up-to-date cloud computing training
AWS experts develop and maintain course content for the AWS Academy. Regular course updates reflect the pace of innovation, new releases, best practices and the latest cloud computing technology. AWS content in this course includes 15 learning modules, seven labs, a case study and one free practice exam.
Enhanced content to help you succeed
In addition to AWS-authored content, our course offers content you won’t find anywhere else, including Canadian case studies and video lessons, screencasts of labs and a marked quiz. Connect with your peers using the online discussion forum.
Switch to AWS Academy Cloud Architecting - Instructor Supported
If you enrol in this course and decide you need a more a supported learning experience, you can upgrade to AWS Academy Cloud Architecting - Instructor Supported by simply paying the difference in course fees.
Each AWS Academy Cloud Architecting Self-Paced session has a registration start and end date. Because courses are 100% online and self-paced, you can register and begin the course at any time within the date range. You progress through the course on your time and at your own pace, and can access course materials anytime for up to 12 months. Expect to spend a total of 60 hours to complete AWS Academy Cloud Architecting Self-Paced.