AWS Academy Cloud Architecting is an intermediate-level course and is designed for those in technical roles such as software development, systems development and network administration, IT decision makers, managers and leaders with strong technical skills can also benefit.
AWS Academy recommends taking an introductory course like AWS Cloud Foundations or have equivalent knowledge and experience prior to taking this course.
Save on the certification exam
The course offers the skills and knowledge you need to pursue AWS Certified Solutions Architect - Associate certification. Upon completing this course, receive a 50% discount voucher good toward the exam fee (a value of approximately CAD$95).
In this course, learn how to:
- Create migration plans from on premises to the AWS Cloud
- Describe how to design systems that are secure, reliable, high-performing and cost efficient
- Explain the common design patterns and architectural options applied in a variety of use cases
- Understand how to leverage foundational and critical AWS Cloud services
- Describe key architectural components for AWS-powered applications
- Create, manage, provision and update related resources using AWS CloudFormation
- Describe system coupling to support the distributed nature of applications built for the cloud
- Describe database services for storing and deploying web-accessible applications
- Describe how to secure data at every layer in the application
Get the most up-to-date cloud computing training
AWS experts develop and maintain course content for the AWS Academy. Regular course updates reflect the pace of innovation, new releases, best practices and the latest cloud computing technology. AWS content in this course includes 15 learning modules, seven labs, a case study and one free practice exam.
Module 2 - Introducing Cloud Architecting
Module 3 - Adding a Storage Layer
Module 4 - Adding a Compute Layer
Module 5 - Adding a Database Layer
Module 6 - Creating a Networking Environment
Module 7 - Connecting Networks
Module 8 - Securing User and Application Access
Module 9 - Implementing Elasticity, High Availability, and Monitoring
Module 10 - Automating Your Architecture
Module 11 - Catching Content
Module 12 - Building Decoupled Architectures
Module 13 - Building Microservices and Serverless Architectures
Module 14 - Planning for Disaster
Module 15 - Bridging to Certification
Enhanced content to help you succeed
In addition to AWS-authored content, our course offers real-time instruction with an AWS Academy Accredited Instructor. Join six live instructor-facilitated webinars, complete extra exercises, and watch Canadian case studies and video lessons you won’t get anywhere else. Ask your instructor questions in real time or in a moderated discussion forum, connect with other learners and get feedback on your assignments.
100% online with six interactive webinars Thursdays, 6–8pm Pacific Time for the duration of the course. Expect to spend approximately 10 hours per week on coursework, including the webinar.
If you're looking for a learning option to do at your own pace without instructor support, consider AWS Academy Cloud Architecting - Self-Paced.